Uselab is seeking an experienced front-end developer (32 - 40 hours per week)
Working at Uselab often entails complex challenges rather than simple, straightforward projects; the bar is high. You will work on projects as part of a multidisciplinary scrum team (scrum master, designers and other developers) to deliver spectacular solutions. For example, a large online platform for Waternet about the canals of Amsterdam, a comprehensive Facebook application for Zilverenkruis Achmea, or large corporate websites for ACM or the Eigen Haard housing association.
We are seeking some one with the following qualities
- Approximately 5 years’ experience in HTML5 / CSS3 / jQuery
- Skilled in responsive / mobile-first development, for example Bootstrap
- Well versed in SASS / LESS
- Knowledge of Bower / Gulp / Git is an advantage
- Familiarity with SEO and accessibility
- An eye for detail and affinity for creating a good user experience
- An affinity for design
- Skilled in the use of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent communication skills
- Higher vocational or university education, or equivalent ability
- Good command of the Dutch (and English) languages, both written and oral
What we offer
Uselab offers interesting work in a growing company with an informal working environment. Your colleagues are young and ambitious. We offer a salary in line with market rates for a 37.5-hour working week and attractive employment terms (pension, reimbursement of travel expenses, lunch).
There are ample opportunities for professional development and for expanding and deepening your knowledge. For example, in the field of mobile apps. However, it is not all about work. On Friday afternoons, we enjoy a sociable drink and in summer, we cause a stir touring the canals with our Uselab boat. See our Facebook page for more information.
Does this sound like you? Then we would like to hear from you! Send your CV with a supporting statement and a link to your portfolio, if you have one. We will let you know promptly whether you have been invited to an interview. If you have any queries, please contact Marjolein Gieling on 020 5309666, or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
No recruitment agencies please.